A Kitchen Diary of sorts with rather a lot of chit chat and some exceptionally useful recipes. Photos and artwork by Anna Vaught (me), Giles Turnbull and the generous people at Flickr who make their work available through creative commons. They are thanked individually throughout the blog.

Tuesday 22 September 2009

Feeling tired: a day of two breakfasts plus a banana.

Tomorrow, your recipes start in earnest, but for today, here's a tale of two breakfasts.

When I am exhausted, these things happen.

Breakfast one: 8 a.m. two slices of wholemeal toast, liberally buttered and with the insides of two large soft boiled free range eggs piled onto them. Salt and pepper. Banana on the school run. I have never ever been in love with bananas but -- I kid you not-- I swear they keep me calm.

Breakfast two at a local eating establishment, bought as treat by particularly wonderful girl, 9. 10 a.m. Four slices of granary bread, butter and a pot of marmalade plus an Americano. Lots of discussion: what to do about men, too many commitments.

And another banana, because I am doing a food talk tonight, I have dark circles under my eyes and I am a bit nervous.

x

No comments: