A Kitchen Diary of sorts with rather a lot of chit chat and some exceptionally useful recipes. Photos and artwork by Anna Vaught (me), Giles Turnbull and the generous people at Flickr who make their work available through creative commons. They are thanked individually throughout the blog.

Thursday 10 December 2009

Solo bonne femme


Here is my dinner tonight. I mean, just for me -- hence the title. I have never tired of eating alone, whether by choice or necessity.

Now, I expect this particular dinner  would be frowned up by a nutritionist. Take a good apple -- you know: an old fashioned single varietal, if you can. Then take a big piece of Parmesan, which you have bought in a good big block. Cut generous slices from the parmesan, cut your apple (or two) into fat slices and either serve the Parmesan on each piece, or take a bite of the apple, then a bite of the cheese. That's it. Also works with a pear. But it has to be a comely sort of pear.

Photo of lots of Parmesan cheese by Ashlakr at Flickr. Make sure you've got a proper cheese!

No comments: