A Kitchen Diary of sorts with rather a lot of chit chat and some exceptionally useful recipes. Photos and artwork by Anna Vaught (me), Giles Turnbull and the generous people at Flickr who make their work available through creative commons. They are thanked individually throughout the blog.

Friday 17 July 2009

Breakfast and lunch from a seven year old


Today my eldest son served me breakfast and lunch for a surprise. He said he felt bad that I had had one child sick off school and then the other. I had probably been foul tempered as I tried to work at home with the boys periodically at my elbow. Back to the breakfast. (Above are my boys, by the way.)

Muesli, in a basin, with at least half a pint of milk plus a glass of milk and a glass of 'Katy' cider..

Lunch was a boiled egg in his favourite eggcup (he now eats boiled eggs because I draw faces on the eggs) plus a salad. The boiled egg had, as far I could understand, been flashed briefly under the grill (not a particularly watchful mother at that moment) and the salad was a whole unwashed carrot, a spring onion and a leaf from a cos lettuce. This was served with a mug of chardonnay.

Reader, it was perfection.

No comments: